The Balochistan Liberation Front (BLF) has claimed responsibility for two separate attacks targeting a telecommunications tower and Pakistani paramilitary forces in Balochistan’s Kharan and Bolan districts.
In a statement issued on Wednesday, BLF spokesperson Major Gwahram Baloch said the group’s fighters attacked and destroyed a telecommunications tower operated by Ufone in the Nagut area of Kharan district at around 5:00 PM on April 2.
The BLF alleged the tower was being used for espionage. “The tower was set ablaze, and all associated equipment was completely destroyed,” Major Baloch said.
In a separate statement on Tuesday, the BLF spokesperson said the group’s fighters launched an assault on a Frontier Corps (FC) checkpoint in the Aab-e-Gum area of Bolan on the evening of April 1 at around 6:45 PM.
“BLF fighters targeted the checkpoint using rocket launchers, grenade launchers, and other weapons,” he said, claiming that multiple rounds struck their targets and inflicted “significant personnel and material losses” on Pakistani security forces.
Major Gwahram added that during the assault, BLF fighters advanced rapidly toward additional checkpoints near the main FC camp, prompting security personnel to abandon their posts and flee.
He said BLF fighters remained “highly motivated and determined,” driven by a “spirit of national liberation,” and claimed that Pakistani forces—“who are merely fighting for their salaries”—had been “demoralised and psychologically defeated.”
In his statement, Major Gwahram called on the Baloch public to actively support the “armed struggle for Balochistan’s independence” and to play a meaningful role in reclaiming their “national identity and dignity.”
He concluded by vowing that the BLF would continue its attacks against “occupying forces, collaborators, and military installations” until the group’s goal of independence for Balochistan is achieved.